Re: Query

Norman Bauman wrote:

> The only disappointment is that XyWrite wasn't much faster on a 486, or all
> my Pentiums, than it was on a 286. you can't beat perfection. The only
> difference was that I could save files faster.

People tend to overlook the *other* main aspects of system speed-up: faster
hard drive, more RAM, better throughput on the system bus. (Of course,
dragging that huge ship's anchor that is Windows around isn't going to help.)
The cpu won't have much impact on tight, compact assembler code like Xy,
which does not do any db sorts or serious number crunching. You may see
some difference with running something like DELTAGS in U2 on a _large_
HTML document.

Jordan