Re: Code pages

Michael Norman wrote:
I get 437 when I ask va/nv la *with a directory on the screen.* With an open file, I get 850.
Aha! Now that gives us something to work with, because so do I (and
I'm running W98Se, recall). I suspect that a directory display is
equivalent to Expanded Mode, and that, recall, will ALWAYS give you
437. How about a blank screen? No file open, no dir, no nothing? On
that, both here and on the W2K and XP boxes at the office, I get 850.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx