Re: XyWin questions

  > Is there a way to specify that a certain mode should appear in color?
> This was possible in XyDos, but I haven't figured out how to do it in
> Windows. Because you can change the color of a defined piece of text, it
> would seem possible to also apply that to a mode. For instance, reverse
> mode, which doesn't normally show up in Graphics view, should be able to
> display in color. But it doesn't. >  > Many thanks. >  > --
 David,

Unfortunately, the answer is no. I have expressed my displeasure
with the
Tech Group for this lack in XyWin, and they replied that this is
due to
"Windows conventions." Since much of my work at Columbia
University Press involves on-line editing, where color coding is
majorly helpful to my work,
I have elected to stick with the Dos version except when I want
to look at things in WYSIWYG, where the display in XyWin is far
superior to that in
XyDos.

FYI: my basic text is the XyWrite default, i.e., grey on blue
backgroud.
 I use grey on lavender for italics; grey on green for boldface.
I also use red on black for redline deletes and black on green
for redline inserts.

BTW: I'm just curious: Does the TIMES use XyWrite as a front in
for a page layout program? At Columbia University Press, we use
Quark Express for the layout and proofs. We send the files in
Postscript format to our printer.

%%Leslie%%

Leslie Bialler
PC Systems Mgr.