Re: For The Typesetting Geeks

I'm pretty sure that every math, logic and computer science journal is typeset from LaTex. Those who write for those journals know how to (must know how to) write directly in LaTex (at least the simple mark-up portion of it). There are front-ends to make some things easier and what amount to canned style-sets. Googling with get you its history and more details (keyword: Knuth)
 It makes typesetting equations, integrals, matrices, tree-structures, etc. trivial or near trivial.
(for an extreme example Google: LaTex Begriffsschrift)

Here's a real-life minor example. Someone has made available a very good free logic text. The PDF
is available, but so is the LaTex version. That's handy because the author produced the PDF using
one set of standard logic symbols (⊃, ∧, (x)...) whereas I use another (→,
&, ∀). No problem, a simple change to the prefix at the top of the file and we're done.

David Auerbach                           auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
NCSU
Raleigh, NC 27695-8103