Re: running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

I run Xy 3.55 in a 43-line window, and in the Properties on the "Layout"
tab of WinXP Home Edition my settings are:

Screen Buffer Size
Width 80
Height 43

Window Size
Width 80
Height 43

Window Position
Let system position window

I was also having trouble with the window and cursor running below the
WinXT window, but those settings solved the problem.

The 43-line window doesn't fill the screen, but I use it because with the
best available font, it gives me a text that is sharp enough. When I filled
the screen, I get large text with jaggies.

Norman

At 08:16 AM 6/21/03 EDT, PollyK3@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Robert, Norman -
>
>Thank you for your help, but I did everything you suggested, and I'm still
having the same problem - I cannot look at the end of my file because it
runs below the window opening that Xy is allowing me. Weirder still is that
the cursor goes below it too.

>Any other suggestions? Anything else I need to tell you about how I've got
it configured? Robert, you said you were assuming that I wanted 25 lines -
I'd actually like more, but I can live with 25 if you can figure out how to
solve the problem. Also, when you say to check "XyWrite Default SL (Screen
Length)=25. It should default to
>that anyway," I assume you mean to check the default in the properties box
I get when right clicking the upper lefthand corner, not some file in Xy.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223