re: keyboard glitch

Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Recently, when I use an apostrophe (key 40) before the letter >> s (30), as soon as I release the s key a second apostrophe
>> appears on the screen (''s). Experimenting with shift lock, My
>> 'S becomes ""S. This aberration also appears in a printout.<

It happens before I hit the space bar. If the phrase is, e.g., "busman's holiday," I get "busman''s holiday." However, if I say "busmen's holiday." it comes out fine. The space bar after the apostrophe is the only thing that precludes the double 'pos'. (All puctuation keys have the same effect as letter keys.)

Bruce