Re: Quickeys

** Reply to message from "EBERLE, JIM"  on Fri, 7 Feb
2003 16:32:08 -0500

Jim:

> a program called quickeys.com. I used it in Xy3
> to speed keystrokes and cursor movement. I hadn't needed to use it in Xy4
> DOS, but I have just been moved to a computer with Win2000. Key movement in
> Xy4 DOS is much slower... Does anyone have the same slow key and
> cursor movement, and have you found a way to speed things up.

The typematic command of MODE should speed everything up, no? Always did in
the past anyway. Feed it the maximum value for rate (32, I think) and minimum
for delay (=1), then scale back if that's too fast (too sensitive). E.g. MODE
CON: RATE=32 DELAY=2

Whew! I just tried that -- the bloody thing flies. Too fast for me... YMMV

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx