Re: Xy Manuals Online (Nota Bene)

>Right on.

Thanks for the Nota Bene info, OP.

As for the format conversion info; yes, I have (just) been here long enough
to learn that Word for Word passed via Adobe to Inso. I'm not much
concerned with how many file formats they support; rather, I want to know
how well they convert a very limited number. I used to be able to convert
file formats to and from Xy3; I now find that exporting works like a dream,
but more often than not the attempt by the other program to read the
"converted" file is a disaster. Now, it could be that (for example)
WordPerfect doesn't know an RFT file when one is pointed out to it; but
since any such failure would result in thousands of aggrieved complaints to
Corel and the various magazines, I rather doubt it. Well, in preparation
for my next attempt to export, I'm trying hard to use
additional/subtractive modes (MD+IT rather than MDIT, etc.); perhaps this
will help.

I suppose that one could use a converter intended for Nota Bene; NB's
website advertises a new one ("Morphos", I think) that provides for some
word processors that I thought were lost in the mists of time, e.g. MASS.

Peter Evans