POSTSCRIPT PRINTERS

Help! Our company just got a QMS 810 postscript printer to supplement our two
applewriters, but I can't make it print files produced by XyWrite. It prints
Ventura postscript files fine, however. The problem, I think, is in the
installation, since (like the other postscript printers) it is connected
through Ethernet to a Vax port on one of our minis. Since it's not directly
connected to my PC, I can't use XONXOFF or the errhandlr program. I do have the
new POSTPAC files, and have loaded the correct driver for the 810, but can't
get pages. The "thinking" light does blink, however. One of our more
tech-minded people said I need to run some kind of program to the printer to
change "parity ignored" (default setting) to something else, but didn't say
what it was or if it would fix this particular problem. The same fo.tmp file
prints out fine at the applewriter, so the file isn't corrupted. Any
suggestions? Thanks.