Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Murphy's Law: (was Re: off-topic: scheduled backup to external hard drive

[snip]
I've spent years trying to track down Murphy's Law, and I will refer you to the Murphy's Law web site and Wikipedia entry. Murphy's law seems to have split into 2 tracks: it's developed into first a joke, about the peversity of nature, and second a design principle, that many people will use your product many times under many circumstances, and you have to design your product to work right every time (rather than blaming the user for doing it
wrong). I prefer the second.
[more snip]