Re: Re Xy on XP--an amende honorable

At 07:35 PM 10/18/2007, Robert Holmgren wrote:
I never shut my machine down (unless Windows Update really insists). Much easier that way -- and much more continuity: you can pick up any number of threads you left off 5-10 days ago -- remind yourself what you were interested in.
Really. I thought one way to help protect the health of your hard drive was to shut down at night. But your post inspired me to do some searching. And I found this: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/resources/technology/hardware/do_you_need_to_turn_off_your_pc_at_night.mspx I'm a bit confused about those "threads" though. Michael Norman