Re: BE

Re Abort/Abandon: Both commands (and also AB) work. The "abandon"
alternative was my doing. Besides the obvious medical or military (abort the
mission) connotations, I thought "abort" implied some sort of damage or
hopelessness (actually, some of my first drafts....), so "abandon" in the
sense of "cease trying to continue" seemed more semantically appropriate.

As for the BE mnemonic, our engineer wasn't thinking so much of sightless
people as he was of blind stitching, blind alley, etc. If you can think of
another alternative for "blind", go for it--maybe "blintz editing" (the good
stiff is hidden away)? Since the scope is usually backward in the file, it
could be called back-editing, I suppose. As far as I can recall, there isn't
a spelled-out version of the command.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx