Re: VirtualBox: Can [was Can't] start VM

Carl and Harry,

What you are both seeing is correct and consistent,

Host-C = toggle Scaled Mode from current mode
Host-F = Toggle Fullscreen Mode from current mode
Initially, Virtualbox starts windowed, when first installed, but once launched, your Virtualbox VM will remember what mode you were last in. Alt-Enter will toggle Xy4 fullscreen (not Fullscreen mode) within whatever mode you are in.
The windowed Xy4 with the big gray or black border is Xy4 in Atl-Enter
fullscreen mode. If it is gray, you have "fullscreened" Xy4 from
windowed Vox, if it's black, from Fullscreen Mode Vbox.
If you want to toggle to the virtual (not host) desktop from fullscreen
Xy4, whether you have a gray or black border, or it looks like one of
the pix Carl sent with the titlebar and taskbar with a "virtual"
fullscreen, you must use Alt-Enter.
Carl is switching from fullscreen (ALT-Enter) Xy4 in Scaled Mode to
fullscreen Xy4 in Fullscreen or Windowed mode.
If I start in Windowed Vbox, toggle to Fullscreen Vbox, run Xy4,
Alt-Enter Xy4, I get centered Xy4 with large black borders; if I toggle
out of Fullscreen Vbox, Xy4 moves to the upper left, but the huge black
borders remain; in theory, it should remain centered and the black turn
gray. If I start Windowed Vbox, run Xy4, use Alt-Enter (centered, large
gray borders), toggle to Fullscreen Vbox, I get the centered Xy4 with
large black borders (as I should), and then toggle Vbox out of
Fullscreen Mode, the gray borders return as they should. Only using
Alt-Enter again allows me to see the virtual desktop, no matter what
mode of Vbox I am in.
The only way to get Carl's virtual fullscreen Xy4 is to be in a
maximized Scaled Mode Vbox window and toggle Xy4 to fullscreen with
Alt-Enter. You can unmaximize the Vbox window to get what looks like a
Xy4 window with no virtual OS.

Paul