Re: Off topic: type (ME letter "Yogh")

Emery, I don't quite grasp what you mean. CHARSET has all the values and
the numbers of XyWrite's Speedo set. Beyond the first 255 (the Extended
ASCII set, dating from DOS days), of course, they are peculiar to XyW,
while Windows uses its own variation on the ANSI/ISO Latin set. (I'm not
yet perfectly clear how that relates to Unicode.) I am working on a table
(it's in a spreadsheet right now, so I can sort easily on any column)
that will list most of these characters and their codes in the various
systems. WordIMPerfect has its own scheme, which involves two numbers: a
characteristic (to borrow a term from logarithms) number indicating the
set, and a mantissa indicating the character's order in that set. In
ASCII/XYW, 192-199 are box-drawing charcters; I'll have to consult my
table to see what their equivalent values are in Windows/ANSI, and I
mayn't have them, because I was primarily interested in accented letters
and "real" punctuation (smart quotes and em and en dashes), as opposed to
typewriter expedients.
Oh, yes, the character I couldn't recall yesterday was the ME wen, upper
at 171 (one-half per CHARSET) and lower at 159 (florin sign).
Patricia