Re: U2

Reply to note from mp  Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:39:32 -
0400

-> >I just realized that ctrl, alt and shft also don't seem to
-> >have any function when not used in combination with other
-> >keys: could the U2 helpkey be assigned to one of them?
->
-> But then the key would not be usable incombination, i.e. when
-> you tried to use a combination key (say, ctrl-A) the Ctrl
-> function would take precedence as soon as it is pressed

Not true! As I said yesterday, functions assigned to a shifting key
(Shift, Ctrl, Alt, etc.) take effect only when the key is
*released*. Any such assignment will NOT prevent the key from being
used as a shifting key. Try it and see for yourself.

-> My solution was to create a special keyboard file ("TEST.KBD")
-> which returns the scan code for every single key exept one, ...
-> The file is tedious to create...

Needless tedium. Xy4|XyWin|NBWin have VAriables that return scan
codes ($SC) and key codes ($KC) for the last-pressed key. We've
harnessed them in the Jumbo U2, so that if you issue SCAN
and press any key(s), you get the associated scan code(s). Issue
IDKEY and press any key(s) to locate the .KBD-file
assignment(s) for the pressed key(s).

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/