Re: Conversion filters (was NB Win availability)

Steve Crutchfield wrote:

> Recently, I discovered that very same model Silent 700 terminal (with
> a telephone handset stuck in the plastic earmuff that made up the
> modem) on display at the Smithsonian Institution as a relic of
> computer equipment of the past.
>
> I wonder if I can donate my PCjr Chicklet Keyboard and get a tax
> deduction?

Perhaps. Alas, the IRS is apt to say the value of the donation is
no more than what you might obtain by selling the article in question
in a an appropriate market, and I don't know that there are a lot of
folks bidding up the pprice of PCjr keyboards....

Personally, I'm still regretting that I sold my Kaypro II (8 inch
diagonal monochrome display, two 80-Kilobyte floppy drives, 80-
kbytes memory, carrying handle) and all the CP/M software I'd
obtained to a coworker for 50 bucks back in 1987. Anyone out
there besides me remember using Anton Pleisch's WRITE -- the
Writer's Really Incredible Text Editor?

Mike Shupp
Graduate Student, Dept of Anthropology
California State University, Northridge