Re: Program to count word-repetitions?

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:14:37 -0800 , Jack Shafer
wrote:

>One of our resident XPL geniuses--Distefano? Baehr? Holmgren?--once wrote an
>XPL routine for me called count.pm that produces a single column document
>that contains every unique word in a file and the number of times it appears
>in the document.

That sounds like a great tool - I fancy using it myself.

A baby brother to that would be an XPL prog that just counts the
occurences of a given word or phrase in the open document. It's
trivial to write such a beastie, but if you don't fancy writing one,
you can get my version at:

http://www.revolver.demon.co.uk/xywrite/

All my little XPL progs are in one file - the word counter is called
occur.pm (it even has documentation: occur.txt).

--
         _   Remove the "W" from my address to email me
James Eibisch  ('v')