Re: Welcome to my hometown

Wendell Cochran wrote:

> > I just got a message to the list with the subject='welcome to my
> hometown' -- I assume this is a virus?
>
> Now that we're afflicted by polymorphic viruses like Klez-*, Subject
> lines bear no clue to the message content. (Not that they ever did,
> necessarily. But let it go.)

I'm not sure if I opened this one or not. If it reported itself as being
from
the list, I probably did. (But not any attachments.) Every now & again,

I open an email that contains nothing whatsoever below the subject /
address
header. It may have been a mailing goof, or maybe not. There was one
like
this here recently. I leave JavaScript off as a default, and there
doesn't seem
to be much these things can do against OS/2. Klex and its variants I
have
tangled with before. Nevertheless, just as a precaution, I think I'll
run some
scans.

Jordan