Re: Nota Bene and OS/2

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:53:02 +0900, Peter Evans wrote:

>John Gordon says NBwin
>
>>at least does not have the video flicker that
>>I get when using XyWin. But I would
>>never leave OS/2 just for that.
>
>I don't want to influence your or anybody's choice of OS (except
>sometimes), but I use XyWin under Win95/98 and I don't think I've noticed a
>flicker. Could this be merely a problem of configuring something or other?

Well I guess it could be the video card, but I don't have this
problem with any other applications under either OS/2 or Win95.
I checked XyWin again under both OS/2 and Win95 and on my
computer it performs the same. "Flicker" is probably the wrong
word; it's really more of a "video flash" that happens every six
or seven typed words and is manifested as a single line rapid
horizontal blip. I didn't see it with NotaBene.

Cheers,
John Gordon