Re: Save (backup)

At 12/14/2003 04:02 PM -0500, Otis Port wrote:

 It's a snap with Nero. My CD-RW is assigned R:, and I just
saved this message to it from Xy4, then commanded dir R: and erased
the file. You have to format a RW CD with Nero, and there's a limit
on the number of erasures, but otherwise it's like a 5.25" floppy.
Thanks to all for the many posts on this subject, the many suggestions. I'm
going to try Nero. Robert's right: hard drives, even IBM's reliable disks,
discomfit me. We've had two go down in the house on a new Dell in the last
four months. Of course the #$&(^! teenager who uses that machine neglected
to defrag the drive the first time, but I still have the "save" habit from
the old CPM (KayPro) days.

Michael Norman