Re: Edward Mendelson on Tamedos

Thanks for the headsup. I think the best step would be to try tamedos now before I put anything on my new pc. If it bombs, I can reinstall windows 7 and start all over.
 ----- Original Message -----
 From: M.W. Poiriermailto:poirmw@xxxxxxxx
 To: xywritenewxywrite@xxxxxxxx
 Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:11 PM
 Subject: Re: Edward Mendelson on Tamedos

   It is true that Tame can be quite useful, but it has been the
   experience of some of us that not all versions of the programme
   work well, and what is worse is the fact that the author of
   the programme does not describe the installation process well,
   and is not very helpful when it comes to giving advice when
   things go wrong. If you can stand that, then by all means try
   Tame. When it works well, it works very well, ...and don't
   update a working version when a new version comes out, because
   you may be ruining an excellent setup and replacing it with one
   that is less than desirable.

   Others may have had a different experience with Tame, but that
   has been my experience, and I have to say that I have given up
   on Tame because I cannot get back to my original set up.

   Mr. Mendelson is clearly more knowledgeable in setting up Tame
   than I.

   M. W. Poirier

   Http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.htmlhttp://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.htmlhttp://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.html%3Chttp://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/tamewp.html> states:

 > This is the only third-party software that I recommend without
   reservation to all users of WPDOS under Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, or
   Windows 7. A 30-day free trial version is available for download, and
   you may prefer to experiment with the program before buying it. After
   installing Tame under Windows XP, I no longer have any reason to run
   WPDOS under Windows 98. (Tame 5.0 and later versions do not run under
   Windows 95, 98, or Me.)

 > Are his comments equally relevant to users of Xywrite in windows 7, 32
   bit. Is there any reason not to use it,