programming question

  Thanks Carl, and Norman.
    My attempt to PV "Va$FP" failed because I omitted a euroquote. This
is by the way.
  As I have directories with long list of files that do not contain their
file names a program that sequentially appends the file name to each file
in the directory would be most useful. One would have to use a modified
program similar to Robert's "Callnext" as contained in the U2 file. Carl's
program is at present limited to appending the file name to the current file
being saved.