Re: XyWrite

Rafe:

No NDA. The Chicago Tribune and a few others are using a ported OS/2 version of
XyWrite III+ that was hacked about five years ago. It is totally text based and
needs its own font drivers -- specific to the VGA layout (ugh!) It is being
marketed by CText, a fine company based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We might be
doing business with them down the road.

I would like CText and TTG to come to an understanding about a general face
lift, with full REXX hooks, etc. It is self-evident (at least to me) that
XyWrite and OS/2 are complementary products that appeal to similar mind sets.
(It is no accident that the same person, Herb Tyson, who wrote the best book
ever written on XyWrite is also the same person who wrote the best book on
OS/2.)

- Andy