Re: Send a keystroke to Xy?

Thanks, Carl, but I can't do a call to DOS without that messing up the
screen. The fix has to be applied while the screen is the XyWrite (not the
DOS) screen.
I downloaded AutoIt some time ago, and didn't see what advantages it had
over AHK.
BTW, what else would a word be but a string? I don't follow you there. Can
you give an example?

--Harry
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 15 Jun
2015 19:01:32 -0400

Harry,

> I have set it up Autohotkey so that I need only hit alt-Enter to
> accomplish this via a macro.

Delete the hotkey assignment ::!{Enter} from the AHK script, then use
XPL to run the script: BX dos/nv/x/z /c d:\path\myAHKscript.ahkQ2 .

BTW, I've "migrated" from AHK to AutoIt v3. AHK is great at
automating basic tasks, but to do anything more complicated you have
to deal with AHK's quirky syntax, which I find maddening. "If 0 > 0"
to test for command-line arguments! Worse than than that, the fact
that words are strings unless they're keywords -- it drives me up a
wall. AutoIt has a standard scripting interface that will be very
familiar to anyone who's used BASIC or, say, Rexx. It's a bit more
challenging to use than AHK, but ultimately more satisfying. Just
sayin'....

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx