Silly startup question -Reply

The command "editor ,d:\xy4\start4.int/e4000" translates to...

Start XyWrite (editor.exe)
Use an alternative initialization file instead of 'startup.int'
Load the spelling dictionaries and other stuff into expanded memory,
using 4,000 bytes of said memory.

In the old days where DOS was limited to 640K of memory, "expanded"
memory was extra memory above the 1 megabyte address limit of the old
8088 CPU. With some clever kludges, DOS could be used to see chunks
of this "expanded" memory at a time, thus freeing up ordinary memory
below the 640K limit.

Sheesh... I can't believe I can remember THAT arcane computrivia, but
I can't remember where I put my car keys.

Steve Crutchfield

>>> "Yo Intl."  05/17 8:05 pm >>>
Alzheimer must be getting to me.
For years, I have been using one peculiar "XY4.BAT" file to start XY4.
I got its content from this very list, and I remember it solved a
problem
for me, which otherwise made using XY4 unattractive.
But I forgot what it was. Can somebody remind me what this instruction
does?
The file content is:
	break=off
	editor ,d:\xy4\start4.int/e4000
	break=on

Tia

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
(Oscar
Wilde)