Re: memory use

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Mon, 30 Jun 2003
> 11:26:55 -0800
>
> > Thanx, Robert. I'll take you up on that offer, when I get to that point
> > on the "To Do" List.
>
> Gosh, then this will come AFTER you poke around for old CI$, WPB, XyQuest
> Exchange messages -- aye?

Go ahead and laugh, but that item is gradually nearing the top of the "To Do"
stack. I still have to return from a one-week trip, encompassing this holiday
weekend, and I must get my taxes taken care of soon, because that 2nd. extension
is aging rapidly.

I now think I know where most of that material is, and I know where my 1.2 fdd is
for a temporary swap-in. (Some of the potential legal or copyright issues, we
still ought to discuss. And there may be some fairly embarrassing material in
there. {Relatively} youthful indiscretions, and all that.) Ironically, I was
concerned that when I was finally assembling this stuff, you'd be off on some
safari again for a few months, thereby negating any belated accelleration of this
task.

Let's just say this will be done well before I *finally* receive your guidance on
how to get that Xy <--> Clipboard stuff working for me in OS/2. Not to make a big
deal out of this, because it isn't, but is it 2 years now since I sent you the
requested files re that problem ?

I think you'll be well pleased with this material, once it does get assembled.
Stuff you scarcely knew existed, things you never expected to see again. That is,
assuming those 1.2s haven't rotted away by now, or lost their magnetic charge.

> The basic functionality persists in Xy4DOS: command on CMline:
>
> CMALPHEMB ?H
>  or
> CMALPHCOM ?H
>  or