RE: XyWrite and C (in the 21st century)

I wasn't implying, specifically, that Xy should be copied exactly. I meant that you already know what attributes you'd want in the
new program.

I don't know whether a completely different program with similar attributes is infringement...and in
this very particular instance I
find it difficult to care. As I've said before, if I'm not "stealing the bread from another's
mouth" I don't get too worked-up about
copyright. Who will loose money if an open source XyWrite 5 (or would it be 6?) suddenly springs
into existence?

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Having a template like that is a good basis to start from.

Wouldn't that be "reverse engineering"? Which is also against all
the EULAs out there.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx