RE: XYWIN HOGS WAR

I have also noticed DOS programs maxing out the CPU monitor. In my cases it
seems that programs waiting for input, such as those in a character mode GUI,
have an even loop running waiting for input. Most command line programs or
ones run from a batch file do not do that. Also, I have not really noticed a
performance hit when doing something else. There are times though when I can
open a DOS session and it CRAWLS while it opens and the program I run CRAWLS.
I have had this happen doing a DIR listing where I got like 1 line every couple
of seconds. This is on a 133 Pentium.

Fred Emmerich