Re: XYwrite on OS2 now in OEM

" " Ken Frank would also make his investors happy. What OS/2 has lacked
" all along is a broad range of decent software, and that is what has
" kept people (including me) away from it. Unless your ideal is
" sludgeware like Ami Pro, you are out of luck. Even WordPerfect isn't
" competing. There is a big gap for XY to fill, and more and more
" people will be looking as OS/2's imitator, Win95, keeps receding into
" the future. A lot of people, again including myself, don't want to
" wait another year for a 32-bit program IF we can get the kind of
" software we want. But we aren't going to buy it just to use as a
" shell. XYDOS now loads for me in 7 seconds, and I am not willing to
" twiddle my thumbs for several times that for the same result. This is
" a very good time, no doubt the critical time, to take the
" possibilities of OS/2 seriously and come out ahead of the competition.
" " -- " Nathan Sivin
" History and Sociology of Science
" University of Pennsylvania
" Philadelphia PA 19104-3325