CT AND TABS

This is probably a dumb question that's been answered before, but believe me
I've tried to find the answer. Anyway, in short, I'm having trouble in XYIII+
using flush-right tabs in columns. Briefly, using the plain vanilla SRTUP.INT
with a 3HP-CART printer file, I set a LM 8, RM 72, and then save a style (e.g.
SS date,lm=0,rm=15,ts=13R), then issue CT8,18/date,40. When I enter the first
cell and hit tab, I seem to be getting 8 spaces, even though the status line
indicates the correct tab. It's driving me crazy. Any help would be
appreciated. =NLK=