"Printer Drivers "

i now use xydos 4.017 under win95 (on my laptop) with a hp 720
laserjet and find it very frustrating. i have trouble getting the
fonts from the older hp printer drivers supplied by xywrite to work
very well with it. e.g., one page will print in the designated font (i
too am especially fond of garamond), and then the printer will freeze.
in despair, i frequently print the document in something like wordpad,
instead of in xywrite.

when running xy under linux (on my desktop), the printing works fine with the old xy drivers.

that is hardly a satisfactory solution, or even a good answer to your
question! but it is the experience of this xy-lover.

arthur