Re: OT: Motherboard replacement without reinstalling Opsys

Manuel Castelao wrote:
Thanks to everyone. I'll attempt to upgrade the machine as soon as possible (not before Eastern) and I'll report.
It just occurred to me: this isn't a Dell, by any chance? Because
they are often made with proprietary parts, incompatible with
standard ones. Power supplies in particular: if you plug a
standard PS into a Dell PC, you can fry the whole thing. And if
you plug a Dell PS into a standard mobo, you can fry the latter.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx