Re: XyWrite DOSBox MAC

Joseph wrote:
The Mac directory structure indeed is different than DOS or Windows. I have tinkered with Linux and since OS X is Unix based the Linux background has been useful for helping me understanding it a little. You can always open Mac OS X's terminal pgm in programs - utility folder and use Unix directory commands to figure out things.
Yes, that's what I do. And the confusing part is integrating the UNIX
structure with what you see in the Finder.
Conclusion: DOSBox is not up to even a 1.0 version. This is a beta version IMHO.
Perhaps since I am not a veteran Xy user I am not using the advanced
commands others are needing/using. I simply typed "tree" in my Xy command
line and my screen treated the Editor.exe location as my root C: directory
and listed my document folders which were contained in my XyWrite folder
on the Mac.

I wonder why your results are different. I'm using OS 10.3.4 and XyDOS 4.018.

How 'bout you?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx