Re: Andrew J. glass???

** Reply to note from ArtL7@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 2 Feb 2001 23:25:01 EST

> There was a note from andrew glass mentioned here....is this the andrew glass
> who got in trouble with the New Republic for fabricating numerous articles?
> Or am I confusing him with someone else? best, art..

You should check your facts before you moot stuff like that -- which
is also off-topic by many miles. Andy Glass is a 40-year veteran of
New York and Washington newspapers, longtime bureau chief of Cox News
Service, now Cox's Senior Correspondent, a XyWriter for two decades,
and a member of this and predecessor lists for longer than I can
remember. The kid you're talking about was Stephen Glass, associate
editor at the New Republic, and a Rolling Stone contributor, before he
was canned.

But let's just suppose for a moment that it was true. What pray is
the point of posting a public message like that? It's bloody
offensive. Apologies to Andy.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx