Re: va$wn ?

At 03:46 AM 1/30/97 -0500, Annie wrote:

>You mean there's a difference? Seriously, {sx86,{va$nw}} is causing
>the freeze--code unaltered from the v3 original that's worked
>since time immemorial. If I add debugging prompts in v4 ...
>	{pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2}
>... the last thing that prints to screen is {pr_1}. Only way out is
>C-A-D. If I comment that out and hardcode the 86 where va$nw is restored,
>the code runs as smoothly as it does in v3 with the captured va$.

I don't get any problem with {pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2} by itself in my xy3
v. 3.55. That suggests it's something in a) your version, b) your
startup.int, or c) the preceding code in your pgm. Have you tried a vanilla
startup.int? and did you get the freeze-up with just
{pr_1}{sx86,{va$nw}}{pr_2} by itself?

Regards,
Harry

P.S. Will be away in the frozen Canadian North for the weekend. Enjoy balmy
NYC, Annie and Robert.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx