Re: A major(?) discovery for XyWriters

Harry:
Excellent news. Record it as yet another example of the Amazing Versatility of XyWrite's DOS Command. I'd like to know more about your AHK scripts: what they do, how they work, the possibilities for their interacting with and extending XyWrite. Your Clipboard macro sounds interesting; can you please post it here?
If AHK scripts are plain text, then you can easily write a U2 shell
frame -- call it AHK -- that would enable launching scripts from the
CMline with AHK [script_name]. (The frame, or a XyWWWeb.REG
variable, would supply the path to the script file and automatically
tack on the .ahk extension.) The same frame could also run the file in
the current XyWrite window, AHK macro code DeFined in the current
window, or raw code passed as an argument via S/G 50 -- analogous to
my XyPy frames PYTHON and XPyL. Robert and I have been making these
sorts of marriages of convenience between XPL and other programming
languages since the early days of U2: DOS BATch language (frame
RUNBAT), IBM's Rexx (frame REXXPL), Nir Sofer's NirCmd Windows
scripting language (frame NIR), and more recently Python (my XyPy
package). I've even written U2 frames with embedded C code that is
compiled and executed at runtime via the Tiny C Compiler (TCC). The
possibilities are endless.

DOS -- the XyWrite command, if not the operating system -- lives!

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx