concept of a Xy PCL driver for producing standard Postscript

Jordan,

It does not matter what kind of printer you have. Basically, you need a
PCL driver with suitable font support for your needs. Incidentally, it
would be relatively easy to make a PCL driver with a set of discrete
font sizes (8, 10, 12, 14, 18, etc.) with the correct PS font character
width values and a set of PS-alike font names that could be interpreted
correctly by the GhostPCL engine to produce standard PostScript PDF
output. Note that this solution is limited to the point sizes introduced
in the Xy driver. From that point on, you will handle printing using
normal Windows procedures. Of course, if you just need printer output
(and not standard PostScript font support), any working Xy PCL driver
will do.

If we can get the existing PS drivers to work, this is, of course,
unnecessary.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)