Re: SmartWords

K.:
>Finally, I am pleased to announce that we will begin shipping the Beta
>release of the SmartWords editor in approximately 2-3 weeks. Here are the
>particulars:

Looking back on the long string of previous announcements, one is
tempted to comment "it depends on the meaning of 'week'...."
But if the miracle does happen, line me up for a copy of the thing,
and of course with the whole set of filters.

>As I have
>indicated in the past, the economics of the word processing market simply
>don't justify investment of the resources necessary to develop, market and
>support a full-featured word processor.

But while Xy was hybernating, new word processors *have* appeared on
the scene, and some of them moderately successful. After reading the
hype about them, I bought two ("textpad" and "notetab"). People had
been calling them things like "the Cadillac of word processors", but
both are not even close of being a match for Xy3 in text handling
flexibility.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"The buck stops here." H. Truman
--"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." W. Clinton