TAME...

 Harry:

 If you are happy with the font you have chosen, all the better.
 However, if you want to experiment a little, then try the
 following:

 1. Select the font you want in the normal way by pressing the
   tiny icon in the upper left corner of the screen, and
   then selecting VIEW and then TEXT FONT.

 2. After the font has been selected, and you have made the
   various adjustments with the Ctrl and Alt keys + the wheel,
   and while in the text area, and with your finger on CTRL,
   right click the mouse.

 3. This will open a small area with new options. Select
   ADJUST TEXT DESPLAY, and then STYLE OF....

 4. Your last choice will open a long set of options, with your
   current selection on DEFAULT. You will always be able to
   return to your selection by returning to DEFAULT. But to
   experiment, select some of the other options. Try, for
   instance, CONSOLE, PROPORTIONAL, TERMINAL, DATA, etc. To
   get back to where you were, choose DEFAULT, or you can stay
   where you are if you like what you see. Remember that these
   choices too can be adjusted with CTRL and ALT and the wheel.

  I hope that this introduces you too a bit of fexibility. There
  is no need to stick to Lucida Console, unless, of course, you
  really like it. I can get almost every windows font to appear
  on my screen, ...of course, always with a bit of tweaking. In
  find that the CONSOLE font that I list under no. 4 (above) is
  quite nice compared to the usual console font if get without
  the tweaking.

  Maben