Re: Much easier way to do file comparison

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 06 Nov
2005 02:13:22 -0500

> But I love the way the above XPL program makes the file look,
> because on my system  is off-white on red, so the diffs
> show up in red.

Only some of the diffs -- to wit, text in file 2 that doesn't appear
in file 1. What about text in file 1 that doesn't appear in file 2?
That's not highlighted or flagged in any way.

And why, pray, Harry, are you using an ordinary (memory-resident)
S/G 5 in this code? Lots of people use these S/Gs for text macros,
and you're overwriting it without warning.

> And, yes Carl, I did check U2, and did find LISTDIFF. But that
> isn't meant for this particular usage.

But you didn't find FINDDIFF. For my money (and, of course, I'm
biased), it's the best file comparison tool around.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx