Regarding "pickfile.pgm"

Question to Richard Giering:

I tried "pickfile.pgm". It looked so promising, exactly what I had wanted. I modified it to point to a file of my choice, and I made a "favourites" file in the format: 3 1 file 1 2 file 2 according to your instructions. Alas, the program starts, and then immediately excuses itself again with an error message. What am I missing?

Tia -- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo -- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar Wilde)