Re: Windows 7 and XP dual boot

Kari Eveli wrote:

At this point everything should be working. The operating systems are completely separate as with GRUB. If you want to graduate from dual boot to single boot, it is easy: restore an XP image to an empty disk to have XP, install Win7 bootloader to MBR and delete XP to have only Win7.

If you've found a method that worked for you, I'm glad.  Previously, I tried a couple different ways to have such a dual boot -- on a couple different systems (laptops) -- and in fairly short order got corruption and annihilation.  At this point, I don't recall which of the two did worse damage to the other, but it was a disaster.
(I had gotten to being reasonably effective with standard tools like the Acronis programs, and knew that because of things like GPT  --even if you stick to non-jumbo HDDs and do not use it -- using up to date versions of Acronis is essential.)

I had also made dual boots with Win-7 and eCS on two laptops.  Success there should be more readily achievable, although the latter had changed its boot loader over to Airboot.  Long story short, only one of these two still boots on each machine -- a different OS, in each case -- even though I know that the other one is still present, and hopefully may yet be revived, should I find the time to work on this.  But I think it remains a very perilous endeavor.  Win-7 does not like to play nice with another OS.

  Jordan