Re: XyWrite and Windows 7

Kari Eveli wrote:

My advice: buy a computer with Windows 7 Professional with the option to downgrade to Windows XP
Professional. Corporate buyers like these for downward compatibility. If your apps do not require
W7, you do not really need it, except for eye candy.
Does such an option exist? And suppose one would rather downgrade
to Vista? Don't laugh; as I've said, I really like the live
partition option, which is not in XP, and in my experience it
handles USB and SD drives better than XP, which can get
terminally confused if you have 2 SD drives in the system (one of
them in a USB adaptor), or if you try to use a printer and a
modem, at different times, on the same USB port. Of course you
have to turn off UAC and clean out the eye candy.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx