Re: OT .. Virus Alert.. This one is REAL..

Like somebody on the street giving you a pill and saying: "Swallow this". Would you do that?
Well, no, but apparently a lot of people would. In the case of virus-clickers, I wonder how many really do it unintentionally? How many do it out of self-destructiveness? How many do it as "slaves ignorantly sabotoging master's machine"? How many do it for some sort of thrill, or just absent-mindedly? If anyone is interested in the absorbing subject of Stupidity, a new book on this subject by Avital Ronell is due this month. Whatever her faults, she is as close as we get to having a critic of Nietzsche's calibre amongst us. (If I may be permitted a blurb.) http://www.press.uillinois.edu/f01/ronell.html for those curious about an author of 15 years standing whose somewhat Nabokovian grasp of English has yet to be noticed by, for instance, the New York Times.