Re: Installing Win 3.11 W/ Warp

PMJI to this xchg., but it suggests some questions. 1) If I want to be able
to run DOS app.s like XTREE GOLD, will they need to reside on a FAT partition,
or could they just as readily be on HPFS -- with no operational drawbacks, I
mean ?

AG> "While OS/2 supports DOS multitasking it's sometimes convenient to AG> run
everything you need in the shrinking DOS department under one
  VDM."

2) Well, my DOS app. usage ain't going to be shrinking much for several
  years, most likely. I see little reason to upgrade the spreadsheet,
  DB, etc. to Windoze versions, there aren't many viable OS/2 alterna-
  tives in circulation, and OS/2 itself may be well on its way to
  becoming another cult item for the cognoscenti, a la XyWrite.
  Be that as it may, doesn't your secondary multi-tasking run afoul
  of memory limitations? (I was under the impression that a VDM
  mimicked a single 640-K DOS machine . . . .)

3) Are you familiar with the equivalent 4DOS product for OS/2 (is it
  called 4-OS/2) ? Heard some good things about it once somewhere,
  and it may offer global macros also, along with the command-stacker/
  editor and greatly enhanced set of basic commands.