RE: Pre-Xy

Reply to note from Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx Thu, 26 Jun 2003
10:09:49 -0700

Isn't Outlook XP the same as Outlook 2002? The doc at expita.com
has instructions for Outlook 2002 (although they're not especially
to the point). But, then, the whole Net is a cookbook, and the
chef's name is Google. Take a look at this page, for example:

http://www.uwec.edu/help/OutlookXP/MAIL-formatting.htm

Another thought: You say you're posting at work, so I presume you're
on a network. Can this change be made by an ordinary user, or does
it require administrator's privileges? Some software configurations
may be off-limits to users. It's ridiculous, especially when it
comes to something as innocuous and expedient as configuring a mail
program to send plain text, but quite possible. Why not ask your
SysAdmin for help?

Yet another possibility: webmail. The webmail sites I'm familiar
with all send plain text. You can set up the AT&T Worldnet website,
for example, to send and receive mail from any address, including
non-Worldnet addresses, using any computer with Net access. A basic
dial-up account costs ten bucks a month. Of course, there are free
services (Yahoo et al.).

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx