Re: vDosXy color modes

Carl, how did you get Courbd to work with xy3/4 PCL printer drivers -- presumably via vDosxy?

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: vDosXy color modes

Reply to note from "John Paines" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Mon, 16 Nov 2015 23:41:46 +0000
(UTC)

> it could be that COURBD is similar

Thanks, John, for posting Courier.ttf. COURBD is actually better for
me -- and it supports PCL printing. I've landed on #f6eadf as the
"ivory" a/k/a "wedding invitaton" background color of choice at home,
where I work, in the wee hours, in a crepuscular ambience that the
Addams clan would appreciate. I've set the same background color in
SumatraPDF, which makes for a satisfying synergy.

One thing about the Courier font family, though: it works exceedingly
well with dark type against a light background but is, in my
experience, unsatisfactory with light type against a dark background
(e.g., my cream/midnight blue color scheme). A subjective call, of
course. When it comes to screen colors, much depends on ambient light
and beauty is in the eye of the user.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx