Re: script for USB printers

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "Philip Friedman"  on Thu, 8 Jun
2006 12:10:56 -0400
notably,
net use \\HPLASERJ /DELETE gets me
The network connection could not be found

NET USE LPT1[:] /DELETE

Kills network redirection of LPT1 -- it is now a local printer. You're not
"using" the HPLASERJ device -- it simply exists. What you're "net using" is
LPT1 as an alias for HPLASERJ.
Maybe I'm way off base here, but I got the impression
Philip was trying to print to the one printer over both
USB and parallel connections, and to switch back and
forth. (Cannot imagine why, since on 2K/XP you CAN map
a USB port to an LPT for use with DOS apps.) If so, HP
says you shouldn't, though one evidently CAN connect
two PCs to one printer, one through the USB connection,
one through the parallel. As a matter of fact, I have
that setup at the office.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx