Re: Audit trail

I use Doculiner, a XyWrite 3.55-compatible comparison program originally
written for lawyers. it was originally written to compare DNA. It works
passably well.

At 02:23 PM 10/24/01 -0400, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:

>The problem is showing how the two versions differ: what you've added,
>what you've deleted, what you've moved from one place to another (whether
>you just transposed i and e when the author typed "recieve" or moved a
>whole paragraph from p. 10 to p. 20),

Doculiner does that, although it doesn't always recognize a section that's
been moved.

>what you've changed the font or
>specification of (from ital to roman or roman to ital, or from A head to
>B head or vice versa). And doing this on a _printout_ (because the author
>absolutely must NOT get his or her hands on the file at this stage) in a
>way that will be legible to an impatient author.

Doculiner doesn't do that.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019