PGM scripts and Xywrite.

Hello All,

I'm new to this mailing list and have a question regarding PGM files and
Xywrite. I've done lots of digging on the Internet but information regarding
XyWrite seems to be scarce.

The company I work is using XyWrite III Plus, they wish to move away from
this to other software. The produce Quark Express file which are made by
running PGM script files from Xywrite on a text file. They are looking into
whether we can port the PGM files to something else, possible perl.

Does anyone have any information on what the commands in the PGM files mean?
And is there any translation programs? Below is an example of the text from
a PGM file:

ÿ~A^_ci !ÿ~A^_ci ! ! !^M
ÿ~A^_ci ! !##########!^M
ÿ~A^_se !!^M
®IF®ER¯¯®GLLONART¯®EI¯®GLREGART¯^M
^M
®MDBO¯If  exists in file, then it's a regional file, otherwise it's
London
®MDNM¯^M
^M
®MDBO¯ LONDON®MDNM¯®MDBO¯ LONDON®MDNM¯®MDBO¯
LONDON®MDNM¯®MDBO¯
LONDON®MDNM¯®MDB
O¯ LONDON®MDNM¯^M
^M
®LBLONART¯ÿ~@ñÿ~A^_ci !ÿ0A!<\n>!^M
ÿ~A^_ci !!@Body:<z6.85c"Blue"f"MixageITCbyBT-Black">!^M
ÿ~A^_ci !ÿ0A<DESC>ÿ0A!<$z$c$f$>ÿ0A!^M

Furthermore, has any completed a similar task to this?

Many thanks for you help.

Mark.

Mark Butler
Software Developer
PA Group
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.thepagroup.com">http://www.thepagroup.com</a>
E: mark.butler@xxxxxxxx
T: (01430) 455581
The Press Association,
Bridgegate,
Howden,
East Yorkshire.
DN14 7AE

This e-mail is from the PA Group. For more information, see
www.thepagroup.com.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. Only the addressee is
permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this email or any
attachments. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender
immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender
and may not reflect the opinion of the PA Group.

Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or
monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.</pre>
<!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-End-->
<!--X-Follow-Ups-->
<hr>